Monday, June 25, 2012

My Meatloaf Quest has ended!

No, seriously.  I have been cooking for a looonnng time.  And while I am no professional chef, I can tell you I have probably tried all the major versions out there for meatloaf.  And this! This is finally a meatloaf everyone in my family would love...who am I kidding?  I'm the pickiest one of all about my meatloaf, probably because like many of you, it's hard to find one "as good as my mamas", right?  Well,  (insert trumpet sounds of the epiphany here) I found it by combining some ideas of my own and stealing a sauce off of allrecipes.com.  Try it for yourself and see if you don't agree it's pretty darn good!  (If it's better than your mom's, don't tell her)

Better Than My Momma's Meatloaf (sorry Lois! :)

Servings: 10 good sized portions (I told you I have a big family!- you can halve this recipe easily)
Oven: 350 degrees

2 lbs. ground beef
3/4lb. mild sausage
2 eggs
5 slices of toasted bread, crumbled up
1tsp. salt
1tsp. pepper
1 T. garlic salt
1 c. milk
4 T. regular mustard
4 T. brown sugar
2/3 c. ketchup

Mix first 8 ingredients thoroughly by hand and form into loaf and place in 9x13 or loaf pan(if you halve the recipe)

Then whisk brown sugar, mustard, and ketchup together and pour over meatloaf.  Cook uncovered for 1 hour, remove to serving plate.

Good eats!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment